Time flies by so quickly, here's fives ways to make the most of your horse this year!
- Plan, plan, plan. Most competition venues release their competition dates months in advance so get the diary out and start booking in events. This way you can train for specific events and be ultra prepared.
- Book a lesson. Treat yourself to a lesson - whatever level you are riding at you and your horse can always improve.
- MOT. Cars need an annual check up so why shouldn't your horse. Their saddle, teeth and feed can all have a huge affect on your horse's performance so get everything up-to-date to make the most out of him/her.
- Mix it up! Try something new each month whether it's a new flatwork exercise, gridwork or handling. It will keep it interesting for you and your horse.
- Track your progress. It's easy to forget how far you've come, get a friend to video you riding. You can see areas you need to improve and also track improvement over the year.