To Support Your Horses Joint Health
- FOR POWERFUL EQUINE JOINT SUPPORT – Powerful glucosamine-based joint support for performance horses and ponies.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS - Contains a full 12g Glucosamine from hydrochloride – backed by research and also contains 10g MSM per serve.
- READY TO USE?–? Plus contains Green Lipped Mussel - a natural source of chondroitin and also provides Hyaluronic acid (HA) and bio-available Manganese
- FEEDING GUIDE - A 1kg tub should last an average horse 2 months when fed as part of a balanced diet. Generally, for a 500kg horse, feed 30g per day for ten days. After that, 15g per day
Joint disease especially wear and tear of the cartilage which covers the articular surfaces of bones within the joint is one of the most common causes of reduced performance and ultimately lameness in performance horses.
In a healthy joint, cartilage is continuously undergoing repair to micro-damage, but as cartilage doesn’t have its own blood supply, it relies on the bone underneath and the synovial or joint fluid bathing the joint to supply nutrients and key compounds to complete these repairs. As the horse ages, or the daily impact of training and competition increase, the ability of the underlying bone and synovial fluid to provide these nutrients may not be enough to keep up the rate of repair needed, and damage, with the resulting pain, loss of performance and eventually lameness become evident.
So it is vital that high performance horses receive a dietary supply of these key nutrients to maintain the rate of repair, to ensure the cartilage and joint fluid retain their elasticity and shock-absorbing properties to help maintain peak performance.
Glucosamine is one of the key compounds in supporting joint health, and has 3 important roles:
- To stimulate the production of proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), which help produce the strong, elastic, shock absorbing properties of the collagen matrix in the cartilage.
- To help reduce the degradation of cartilage.
- It has antioxidant properties and helps anti-inflammatory processes.
MSM helps anti-inflammatory processes to help reduce on-going damage. It also provides a bio-available source of sulphur to support and help strengthen the bonds in the structural matrix of the cartilage.
Green Lipped Mussel is a natural source of chondroitin, a key compound in maintaining the structure, elasticity and shock-absorbing properties of cartilage, partly through its water-retaining properties. Our Green Lipped Mussel is sourced from sustainable stocks in the Malborough Sound region of New Zealand.
Hyaluronic Acid is important in maintaining the viscosity and elastic shock absorbing properties of joint fluid, and is increasing recognized as playing a vital role in joint health.
Manganese Glycinate is a very bioavailable source of manganese
Glucosamine 12:10 Plus provides these key ingredients to provide nutritional support for cartilage repair and to help maintain healthy joint fluid to lubricate and nourish the joint, maintaining the vital shock-absorbing properties in hard working joints. Glucosamine 12 : 10 Plus will also help anti-inflammatory processes and joint comfort in high performance horses.
Key Ingredients per 30g Serving
|Green Lipped Mussel1000mg
||Hyaluronic acid (HA)50mg
|Manganese (from glycine chelate)50mg
Composition: Glucosamine hydrochloride (40%) , Methylsulphonylmethane (MSM 33.3%), Dextrose, Green Lipped Mussel (3.3%), Hyaluronic Acid (0.2%).
Additives/kg: Nutritional additives: 3b506 Manganese chelate of glycine hydrate) 7937mg
A complementary feed for horses and ponies, designed to support and maintain healthy joints, as part of a balanced diet.
Directions for feeding: For 500 kg horse: for initial 10 days, 30g per day. Thereafter, may be gradually reduced, typically to 15 g per day, to maintain the desired response.
Every Day Vitamins and Minerals: to ensure key nutrients are maintained on a high forage and/or restricted intake diet.
Apple Lytes: to replace electrolyte losses through sweating
KM Elite Ultimate Oil: great for helping skin and coat condition